Saint Kitts and Nevis Flag
The flag of Saint Kitts and Nevis was adopted on September 19, 1983, consisting of two white stars on a diagonal black band, fimbriated in yellow, separating background colors of green and red. It was the winning entry in a local competition.
The Saint Kitts and Nevis flag contains the Pan-African colours, although officially the colours are given a different significance:
- Green: the island’s fertility
- Red: the struggles of the people from slavery through colonialism to independence
- Yellow: year round sunshine
- Black: the African heritage of the people
- White stars: hope and liberty or Saint Kitts and Nevis Wikipedia