Turks and Caicos Islands Flag
The flag of the Turks and Caicos Islands is similar to the flags of other British dependencies and colonies as it has the Union Flag in the canton.
The Turks and Caicos Islands flag was adopted on November 7, 1968. It is a defaced Blue Ensign; the yellow shield is taken from the territory’s coat of arms and contains a conch shell, lobster, and cactus. A Red Ensign with the shield is used as civil ensign, which is an informal (yet popular) usage given that this flag has not yet been approved by Order in Council laid before Parliament.
The previous flag used up to 1968 was also a defaced Blue Ensign. Like many other British territories in the region at the time, it had a circular badge showing a ship offshore from a beach with the name of the islands. The Turks and Caicos badge also showed a man working on the beach between two piles of salt. The 1889 Admiralty Flag Book introduced some shading into the right-hand salt pile, interpreted as an insertion of an entrance to what was erroneously thought to be a hut or igloo. Wikipedia