The flag of Zimbabwe was adopted on April 18, 1980.
It's Business As Usual
Your information is safe with us
The soapstone bird featured on the Zimbabwean flag represents a statuette of a bird found at the ruins of Great Zimbabwe. The bird symbolises the history of Zimbabwe; the red star beneath it symbolises the revolutionary struggle for liberation and peace. The Zimbabwean flag is a National Flag of Africa.
Officially, the meanings of the colours on the flag are as follows:
- Green: the agriculture and rural areas of Zimbabwe
- Yellow: the wealth of minerals in the country
- Red: the blood shed during the first and second Chimurenga (wars)
- Black: the heritage and ethnicity of the native Africans of Zimbabwe
- White Triangle: peace
- Zimbabwe Bird: the national symbol of Zimbabwe
- Red Star: the nation’s hopes and aspirations for the future (as well as ZANU-PF’s socialist beliefs)
The colours are used on the flag of the ruling ZANU PF party. Wikipedia