The National flag of Zimbabwe was adopted on April 18, 1980.
For purchases over R1000 (RSA only)
7 - 10 Business Days
Do not have a watermark
The soapstone bird featured on the Zimbabwean flag represents a statuette of a bird found at the ruins of Great Zimbabwe. The bird symbolises the history of Zimbabwe; the red star beneath it symbolises the revolutionary struggle for liberation and peace. The Zimbabwean flag is a National Flag of Africa.
Officially, the meanings of the colours on the flag are as follows:
• Green: the agriculture and rural areas of Zimbabwe
• Yellow: the wealth of minerals in the country
• Red: the blood shed during the first and second Chimurenga (wars)
• Black: the heritage and ethnicity of the native Africans of Zimbabwe
• White Triangle: peace
• Zimbabwe Bird: the national symbol of Zimbabwe
• Red Star: the nation’s hopes and aspirations for the future (as well as ZANU-PF’s socialist beliefs)
The colours are used on the flag of the ruling ZANU PF party. Wikipedia